We’ve made changes at Wheeldon Trees Cottages to keep everyone safe…
We have protocols in place for extra cleaning and safety requirements. These are to ensure your safety, and that of our staff. It will, however, mean that things are slightly different from usual.
We still want you to feel as welcome as ever and enjoy your time here and hope you’ll bear with us following these changes.
Prior to arrival, we will contact all guest to ask if any of them are showing any signs of, or are concerned that they might have contracted Covid-19 infection that they stay at home and not to visit Wheeldon Trees Cottages.
Cleaning will take extra time – because of the Covid-19 risk, we now have to “double clean” – first our usual high level cleaning, and then going over everything again with a virucidal sanitiser. This means that we need extra time for each changeover, so arrival and departure times will now be 4.30 pm arrival (rather than 3pm), and 10.00 am departure (rather than the usual 11am). We understand it is inconvenient, but it is really important that we have this extra time to ensure everyones safety.
- Unless previously agreed, please arrive at your cottage after 4.30 pm
- Please park outside your cottage (which will be unlocked), let yourselves in and make yourselves right at home.
- After unloading your car, please move it to the car park
- We will then come to say hello
During your stay…
- If you display signs of Covid-19 :
- Please let us know immediately
- Self-isolate to minimise any risk of transmission
- Request a test – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
- If you are confirmed to have Covid-19, you must inform us and you should return home if you reasonably can
- If you cannot reasonably return home (for example because you are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), discuss your circumstances with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority.
- You should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
- We recommend frequent hand washing / hand sanitising
- The Long Room – Regretfully, we are unable to open this as a communal play facility at this time. However, please feel free to borrow any books, DVDs, games, maps or guidebooks. In order to maintain social distancing, please only enter if empty. On departure, leave the items you’ve borrowed in your cottage and we’ll put them away
- Outdoor play area – is open for you and your children to have fun, so please remember you are responsible for supervising your children – including hand sanitising on entry to and exit from the play area.
- Online guest information – is available here. Please do take a look and feel free to contact us if there’s any other information you need…
- Laundry facilities – are open for your use.
- Please vacate your cottage as near to 10.00 am as possible to give us enough time for our enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Waste and recycling bins – please tie up all waste bin bags (including bathroom bins) and take, together with recycling and food waste to the large outside bin by the garages. Please ensure you remove ALL food from the cottage.
- Crockery and cutlery – please fill the dishwasher and set it running before leaving. If you can’t fit everything in, don’t worry – we’ll put another load on after you have left.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about your visit.
We really appreciate your co-operation and support and hope you have a great stay !